Monday, June 3, 2013

Back In The Swing Of Things (I Hope)

So I have been away from blogging for two weeks.  I think the back to back month long challenges really did me in, along with trying to do some updates and decorating to my house.  I have mentioned before that my husband has Parkinson Disease and at some point we will have to move to a one floor house.  Right now our bedroom is upstairs.  I have to say I will not miss the stairs either since my laundry is in the basement and there is lots of stair climbing for me on wash day.  So I am trying to take it room by room.

I started with our forth bedroom which before had really bad old stripped wallpaper.  I decided it would make a perfect office space. I did not take any before pictures so you will just have to take my word for it that it was really, really ugly.  Pulling off that awful paper was my first step and it was a bear.

When I was done I decided to go with a textured paint which had not done before but had seen it in a few open houses that I had been to recently.  I used Valspar paint in a gray color call Beachstone.  Applying it was worse then ripping off the wallpaper.  You could not roll over it at all because it would take off the texture that you just rolled on.  Its a small room and it took two gallons of paint.  I hated every minute of it but when it was done I do like the way it came out.


Its a bit hard to capture the texture on camera but you can see it a bit in the middle. The gray is a  bluer then I had wanted but that is kind of what happens when you pick a paint color. Its not always what it seems on the paint chip.


I also decided to paint an old desk of my sons yellow using Valspar Tea Room Yellow.  The stool is a grey plaid and I was excited to find it on clearance in Target.  Love a bargain.


Still need to get some curtains, a chairs and accessorize but the worst is over and I will soon be on to the next room.

Yikes I am really too old for this.

Mary Ann
.

2 comments:

  1. Is that the Venetian texture that I keep seeing every where? It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carol, its not, its a textured paint by Vlaspar with sand in it. The Venetian texture was way more complicated and has to be applied by hand. YIKES way to much for me. My process was put on with a roller but it was way more difficult to do then I thought it would be but its done and I am happy with it.

    ReplyDelete