Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Saying Goodbye To Miss Kitty

Well I have blogged before about my odd cat Kitty.  She had a really sad start to her life but in the last year or so she seemed to be coming around.  Well yesterday when I woke up Kitty was nowhere to be found.  This was totally unusual because Kitty really only lived in a few rooms.  After a thorough search of her usual spots I ventured downstairs and found that my poor girl had died during the night and there she laid in the basement, a place that she normally would never ever go to.

I was devastated and sad in addition to being really scared that I would have to get her to the vet to be cremated.  I am really not good with anything dead not even a mouse or bird that I may find outside but I knew I had to do it. So after the initial shock, I carefully got Kitty into a box lined with her blanket and took her to the vet and where I said my final goodbye.

I am still feeling her loss this morning.  She would always get excited when I opened the blinds in the morning and immediately demand a pet to start her day.  I miss her doing her crazy laps around the kitchen when it was time to eat.  I will even miss her hogging my blankets in bed on a cold winters night.

I will never know what caused her death but I am hopeful that the years that she spent with me were happy ones.  I know they were for me.

I will miss you Kitty



Mary Ann

4 comments:

  1. NOOOOooooo, this is not fair. She finally expanded her horizon! I am sure she felt loved and secure with you!

    Rest in peace miss kitty :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for your kind words. Its been an number of days and I am still missing her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry for your loss. I would say Kitty purposely went to the basement to die. Animals don't like to die in their space so to speak, and generally they want to be away. Reminds me of The old American tradition. When they knew they were dying they went off by themselves...away from the tribe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Poor baby Kitty! I'm sooo sorry for your loss. Our pets really are parts of our family and I know you feeling very sad right now. Please know that I'm thinking of you and Kitty.

    ReplyDelete