Sunday, January 26, 2014

Moving Forward, Way Harder Then I Ever Dreamed

Yes again its been over a month since I last blogged but I have a good reason, I have been continuing to work like a maniac to get my house ready for sale.  For anyone who has done this its just so overwhelming. You live with things, the way they are for years, often thinking to fix or change them but the projects just seem so daunting and you just ignore them.  Then a  Realtor enters your world and sees plenty that needs some fixing and the list seem endless.

Some of the things on the list I have had to hire a contractor for and others like painting I have tackled myself with some help from my son.  Its been weeks of messes in my house and I am really tired of living with such upheaval, but I am seeing the light at the end of the tunnel and I am hoping in a few weeks I will be home free and it all will be done.

When we bought the house new over 30 years ago there was no family room so after awhile we decided to add one on.  At the time we added on the large 22 by 16 foot room but left the existing door and closed up the window that was over the sink replacing it with and octagon window that could open so I could be part of the room if we had company.  At the time I loved that idea.  Years later I decided I hated it. A few times I had gotten some estimates to remove the wall but I could not face the mess so I never did it.  When we decided to sell I knew one of the first things I had to do is open up that wall to give it more of an modern feel.


This is the wall before we opened it up.  You can see my horrible octagon window,  yikes clueless that I actually thought it was a good decorating decision.



Here is the after.  Way better.  Not sure why I waited to do this.  Now its done for someone else to enjoy when I could have been enjoying it for years.  Crazy!!!!!!!!


Well for my next blog, (hopefully not in a month) I will talk about my bathroom redo.

Mary Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment