Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Sad To See You Go Dad


I have written about my dad a number of times in my blog and sadly last night  at the ripe old age of 96 he passed away.

For the most of those years he had been a pretty healthy guy but three weeks ago he developed pneumonia and had a heart attack and just could not seem to come back from it.

Even  though I am extremely sad to say good bye to him, I want to celebrate his life and who was.

A great son to his parents.
A thoughtful brother to his three sisters.
A loving husband to my mom.
A hard working provider to his family.
An awesome grandfather and great grandfather.
And the most creative corny joke teller ever.

And to me he was the best dad, anyone could have.

Bye Daddy you will be missed.



RIP Dad

Mary Ann










Mary Ann






2 comments:

  1. The loss of a parent is hard but once you are past the awful sorrow and loss, there are so many moments when you realize they are not really gone. I also had a wonderful father whose corny jokes come to me unbidden and still make me laugh. So sorry for your loss. Prayers for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely tribute to your Dad, MaryAnn. I'm sure he's upstairs having a reunion with your Mom and other family members who have gone before him. May he "Rest in Peace".

    ReplyDelete