Wednesday, April 1, 2015

A is for Afraid

So this is the first day of the A to Z Bloggers Challenge.  I have not blogged for many months, lots
going on in my life these days but I was encouraging someone else to participate and decided to jump in again this year. As I was wrestling with whether or not to join the fun, I asked myself, what are you afraid of?  Ding, ding, ding! my A word, Afraid. 

I often feel like a big baby in my fears.  

Things that I am afraid of:

The Dark   
I am petrified of the dark,  I try not to be.  I lay in my bed at night trying to relax telling myself over and over that there is nothing to fear, but after a relatively short period of time I panic and have to flip on a light.  Even a small night light giving off a tiny glow is better for me then the dark stillness of the room.

Mice 
Just the thought of them scurrying around, running close to a wall or inside a wall makes my toes curl.  Just listening to others talking about mice it make me cringe with fear.

Scary Movies
I am so not a fan.  Just seeing the coming attractions of them on TV give my nightmares.  I remember being just little and the advertisement for the movie Village Of The Damned would come on just about every other commercial.   I would run from the room crying and screaming.  Many up years later I decided to face my fears and watch it.  It has to be one of the cheesiest movies ever, not scary at all.  Watching still has not cured me of this fear.  Some movies I still will not watch like The Exorcist.  Read the book, will never ever watch the movie.

Failure
As far back as I can remember I have been afraid of failure.  Not wanting to disappoint my parents, teachers, friends, bosses, husband or my children.   As I have gotten older I have realized that many times in the past in trying not to fail others I have often failed myself.   I think I will be working on this one until my dying day.

We all have fears. We could be afraid of something as tiny of a spider or as large as a thunder and lightning storm.  Some fears seem silly but they are fears none the less.

What are your fears?

2 comments:

  1. I'm also terrified of mice! My other fears include heights, centipedes, and birds (when they fly towards me). I think almost everyone has a bunch of irrational fears.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am afraid of snakes - natural fear I guess! No. 1 fear - being trapped in a burning car! Imagine the horror.
    Good luck on your a2zchallenge - I'm doing the same over on www.borntobeatourist.co.uk :)

    ReplyDelete