Saturday, April 4, 2015

C is for Caregiver

Yikes I am already a day behind.   Not like me, but since last year at this time I have become a fulltime caregiver for my husband and my free time is so limited.  He was diagnosed with Parkinson disease five years ago and it's been  a huge struggle for us both.

He unfortunately is very complacent about it.  I, on the other hand am a fighter.  I have been his advocate, fighting  for him to have the best quality of life since day one.  It's all very exhausting.  I struggle every day, often feeling both mentally and physically spent.

Well yesterday at his doctors appointment it was made clear that there is nothing else available for him to make it better.  That was hard for me to accept.  He will progressively get worse and then......, not sure how it will play out.  I really like to be in control, but this is totally out of my control.  Something I need to accept. It's really all in God's hands.

So I will continue to try and write everyday hopefully on time and will see how it goes.


                                                     
                                                                         Mary Ann

4 comments:

  1. Your husband is lucky to have you for a caregiver. Take care of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Pam I often feel like I am not patient enough but I try.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The very fact that you're trying this with such a weight on your mind and life is admirable. My prayers are with you both.

    Jessica
    2015 A to Z Blogger
    Visions of Other Worlds

    ReplyDelete
  4. My thoughts will be with you both. Sometimes these things are much harder on the spouse or caregiver, I think. Hope to see you continue on the A to Z Challenge!

    ReplyDelete