Thursday, April 2, 2015

B is for Binge Watching

According to a recent study, people who binge watch shows on Netflix, Prime, Hula etc, may be showing signs of depression.   If that's true I must be really depressed because at times I am a hard core binge watcher.

My binge watching started long before cable was born. Growing up my parents made no restrictions in our TV viewing.  My sister and I spent hours watching anything and everything on TV.  Back then, living in Queens, NY there were only a handful of stations, so a favorite of ours was Million Dollar Movie.  The same movie would play again and again throughout the week.  It would even be aired multiple times a day.  We never seemed to get tired of watching that same stinking movie over and over again.  By the end of each week we knew all the lines and would act them out along with the characters.

My binge watching continues having access to so many choices it can be a bit overwhelming.  Some are brand new like Orange is the New Black or Bloodlines, both on Netflix.  Others appeared on TV but had not watched so I am able to enjoy, Mad Men, Breaking Bad and The Walking Dead.  I am seriously hooked.

For an avid TV viewer like myself I am in my own kind of heaven.

Is binge watching something you do?



                                                                       Mary Ann

3 comments:

  1. If the show is really good, I'm likely to binge watch. It's sort of like reading a book you just can't put down. I do the same thing with really good t.v. shows.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Binge watching! AHHH! Netflix is my undoing, especially their series like House of Cards, where you get a bunch of episodes at once.

    Glad to see you're doing the A-to-Z Challenge!

    Cherdo
    www.cherdoontheflipside.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm working if their isn't a conspiracy behind netflix to keep us hooked. We watch Breaking Bad, the entire thing over a week, and my most recent was The Fall. I was thankful that they picked up "The Killing" for one last season when it was dropped.

    ReplyDelete