Saturday, December 1, 2012

Christmas Ornament Countdown

I woke up to snow on the ground and the sound of the plow coming through.  Even though I am not a huge fan of snow like lots of my fellow upstate New Yorkers, I have to admit it really does increase my Christmas spirit.  So what says Christmas more then baking.  Cookies of all shapes and sizes decorated with icing, or sprinkled with colored sugar.  Pies and cakes and I cannot forget my friend Josie's awesome hot, fluffy, yummy rolls.  I am not a baker although I have been known to throw together a cookie or two from time to time.  So to celebrate the bakers in my life I have created a baking ornament.


This ornament is created by cutting out shapes using my Cricut machine along with my Gypsy machine which allows me to cut and size my shapes to the exact dimensions that I want.   I use scrapbook paper cutting each shape multiple times, stacking the paper using Mod Podge to hold it all together making it extremely durable.  The result is a kind of 3D look.  I embellished it with some tiny cookie cutters and buttons.  Its finished with a red check ribbon to hang from the tree.

1 comment: