Sunday, December 2, 2012

Ornament Countdown Day 2

Since my theme this month is Christmas and specifically ornaments I decided to search the Internet to visit other sites so I could be inspired.  I found tons of wonderful ornaments out there.  Some so simple and sweet you could do them with your children, others, complex and really works of art.  I was really impressed with what I saw, but the one thing that I was not expecting to find was something called Link Parties.  These parties are hosted by a number of different blogger sites. 

Here's how it works. The host of the blogger site decides on the theme of their party.  It could be sharing Christmas traditions, cookie recipes or home decor ideas for the holidays to name a few.  One that I saw on The Shabby Nest  http://shabbynest.blogspot.com/2011/12/frugal-friday_29.html  has a Link Party called Frugal Fridays.  Every Friday Wendy Hyde who is interior designer invites other bloggers to share their items that they recycle or reinvent.  Using software that she has on her site called Linky you can link onto her site with your site, this allows whomever visits that site to link back up to your site.  So the sharing of blogger ideas are maximized.

Other sites that I saw with Link Parties were http://whipperberry.com/  and http://verydarkhorse.blogspot.com/2012/11/christmas-linky-party.html

There are many sites out there to share your ideas or get some new ones.  Looking around is fun.

My ornament that I would like to share today is a Quilting Ornament.  Its made similar to all my ornaments using my Cricut and Gypsy machines.   The thing that makes this one special is that I pieced paper together to form a tiny quilt and wrapped the raised spool of thread with yarn, attaching a needle that I made by cutting a section from a silver Christmas ornament hook.  

No comments:

Post a Comment