Sunday, December 9, 2012

Ornament Countdown Day 9 or Gift Overload

I woke up this morning not feeling all that great.  I feel a holiday cold coming on. So even though I was not feeling my best I wanted to start wrapping some gifts.  Every year I start out with the intentions of scaling back, and I really thought I had until I started taking presents out of the different places that I had them stashed.  As they started piling up I realized that once again I overdid.

My biggest problem seems to be my stocking stuffer purchases.  I end up with so many things for my grandchildren that I have had to move  from  stockings to huge sacks.

Oh well I truly do enjoy shopping and giving to people  I love.  I guess I will have to remember to scale back next year. 

Because I love gift giving so much I have made more present ornaments. 



1 comment:

  1. I have the same problem with overbuying "stocking stuffers" too! This year I had to put the stocking overflows into a bag and put it under the tree for my daughter-in-law Shruti! She also complained that my and my husband, Bob's stockings aren't as big as her's and my son's and we should get bigger stockings! I told my husband since we have no problem filling each other's stockings we should forget "big gifts" and just fill our stockings! Sounds like a plan to me, right?

    ReplyDelete