Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Things That I Have Learned - A for Alphabet

When I decided that I would do this challenge again this year I was hoping that a theme would come to me. Last year not knowing what to expect I  totally flew by the seat of my pants every single day.  Well since I have lived more years then I care to admit I decided to go with the theme of Things That I Have Learned. There has to be tons of things that I can use on that subject,  Right?  Hmmmmm, okay, so not so much.  On day one I was stumped already, until I looked at the name of the challenge.  A to Z, YIKES!!!! of course the alphabet.

From the time we say our first words we are encouraged to learn the alphabet.  It starts with a cute alphabet song that was written a very long time ago, in 1835.  Every child learns it, to the delight of their parents, who usually make them perform it over and over again for friends and family alike.  Little did we know as babies when we learned that sweet simple little song  that each one of those letters combined with other letters would one day open up our world to words and reading and of course who could forget the A to Z April Blogger Challenge.

So in closing, what I have learned is that for all of us no matter where we live or what language we speak the alphabet is in the center of it all.

Day 1 is done, off to create day 2 of the challenge, using the alphabet to create words that hopefully others will read.





Mary Ann

8 comments:

  1. I never realized how old that alphabet song was! And it's so true, how as a child, you don't know the magic you have the moment you learn your letters. :)

    Madeline @ The Shellshank Redemption
    Minion, Capt. Alex's Ninja Minion Army
    The 2014 Blogging from A-Z Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your post make me think back to what I first learned in school THE ALPHABET! I look forward to finding out more things you have learned this month.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Maryann, if it wasn't FOR the alphabet, none of this would be taking place. Me typing this to you, this challenge, everything... It is good to have a challenge to look forward to every day, even if it isn't THIS one ;-). Looking forward to seeing what is in store tomorrow. - Jen Redstreake

    ReplyDelete
  4. The alphabet is indeed central to the beginning of our very first sound, not matter how different the ABCs are in some parts of the world. Great reminder. Love, love the alphabet song and all the memories of having sang it with my son when he was a wee little guy. Thanks for the fun post.
    Silvia @
    SilviaWrites

    ReplyDelete
  5. A wonderful start - and as it's my last visit of the day - it's a wonderful finish to a busy day! Thanks for rounding it off so appropriately :)
    Jemima
    #TeamDamyanti
    Blogging from Alpha to Zulu in April!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I still sing the Alphabet Song to help me when I have to alphabetized files. Can't wait to read more!
    Sandy
    Http://msmousecleanshouse.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now if only they would make more words that go with some of the harder letters. I am trying to figure out how to fit zebra into family history. However, I have 25 more days to work it out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your alpha graph - very colorful. Grandkids started reading a couple years ago and it is such fun to see them become more aware of everything - road signs, restaurant menus, what books I'm reading - there's nothing better for a bookworm like me to see them use the Alphabet. Great start to your 26 days.

    ReplyDelete