Saturday, April 19, 2014

Things That I Have Learned - Q for Quiet Not Me

I am loud!!!!
Even when I think I am whispering everyone around me can hear the secret.  Along with my very loud voice is an even louder laugh.  When I hear something funny I just can't restrain myself and just belt one out.

I am that obnoxious person in the room that is disturbing your nice quiet meal in a restaurant.  I am the one in the back of you laughing loudly at the movies, the one that you want to throw your $5.00 super sized Pepsi at.  In addition to my talking and laughing loudly I am an emotional loud crier.  So in the same movie if a scene goes from funny to sad you will hear me sobbing.

It's not like I want to be disrespectful to others.  Honestly I do try.  I start out with a lower tone but as the conversation continues or something funny is said, before I know it's happening, my voice escalates and out the loudness comes.  I have been yelling, screaming, laughing and crying loudly for so long I am not sure how to keep it down notch or even ten.

So what I have learned is to be more tolerate of others since others have to put up with my big loud non-quiet mouth.


Keep it down


Mary Ann



3 comments:

  1. Oh, Mary Ann, my son is exactly like you. I shall have to learn to be more tolerant of him. He's a singer and he really doesn't know how to keep his voice down. I think that all of his 29 years have been spent with my asking/telling him to be quiet at some stage or other.

    Visiting from AZ

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am the only one in my family that is quiet. I have learned they cannot be shushed so I gave up a very long time ago. At least I can always find them in a crowd. It's who they are. I understand.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am very quiet, and really, so is my husband. However, when he speaks, his voice really carries. He is often asked if he does radio or voice overs. Nope, but I guess he could have gone into that field pretty easily.

    ReplyDelete